Level 3 FAW RefresherPricing Information
This course is run over two-days and allows for re-certification of First Aid at Work qualified staff. The criteria are the same as for the initial three-day course.
Time left until course date
Our course focus is
- The Aims & Priorities of First Aid
- Chain of Survival
- Laws & Legislation
- Burns & Scalds
- Protection from Infection
- Wounds & Bleeding
- Recognition of Illness
- Basic Life Support
- Unconscious Casualty
- Casualty Examination
- Recovery Position
- Head Injury
- And many more First Aid Principles
On successful completion of the syllabus, each student will be able to demonstrate that they are able to:
- act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- use first aid equipment, including the contents of a first aid box
- understand the duties of employers and the legal framework
- maintain simple factual records on what they have done with regard to any treatment or management of an emergency
- recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures.
They will also be able to deal with a casualty who:
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- is unconscious
- is bleeding or wounded
- is suffering from shock
- is suffering from an injury to bones, muscles or joints
- has been burned or scalded
- has an eye injury
- has been overcome by gas or fumes; or may have been poisoned or exposed to a harmful substance.
They will be able to:
- recognise major illnesses and take appropriate action
- recognise minor illnesses and take appropriate action
- manage the transportation of a casualty, as required by the circumstances of the workplace
Please note it is mandatory for all candidates to hold or achieve a First Aid at Work or First Person on Scene qualification when applying for your SIA license.
You must provide:
- Two identity documents from group A. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- One identity document from group A and two documents from group B. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- If you are a UK passport holder, your passport number entered on the application form. You do not need to submit the actual passport.
- Signed valid passport of any other nationality.
- Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required)
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- Valid EU photo ID card.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed valid UK paper driving licence.
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy.
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK adoption certificate
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Child benefit book issued in last 12 months.